5 Ways to Alkalize
5 Ways to Alkalize
The blood pH is slightly alkaline by design, being roughly 7.36. Anything
above pH 7 is alkaline, and anything below pH 7 is acidic. Certain foods
and fluids can either leave an alkaline or an acidic residue in the body.
Stress causes an acidic pH balance.
On top of stress, the average American diet is highly acidic which includes
foods such as white sugar, white flour, soda pop, chips, candy, ice cream,
processed foods, GMOs, artificial sweeteners, meat, alcohol, coffee and
Because of modern day stress and diet, the body has to work very hard to
maintain homeostasis. If the blood pH falls slightly above or below 7.36,
this can result in major illness. If you are not getting alkaline minerals from
food or water, your body will start to leach minerals from different tissues to maintain your proper pH level.
The goal is to eat around 70% alkaline foods and 30% acidic foods. I
would avoid the highly acidic foods listed towards the end of the article. If
you follow this alkaline/acid ratio, your body can naturally detoxify
and cleanse itself. You also will not feel as stressed!
5 quick and easy ways to alkalize:
- Green leafy vegetables: Eat big salads with lunch and/or dinner. Snack on snow peas, baby bell peppers, jicama, etc. Drink green smoothies daily or most days of the week.
- Fresh Fruit: Snack on fresh fruit and soaked almonds and/or plain
yogurt. Use natural wholesome low glycemic sugars such as agave syrup or stevia.
- Sprouted whole grains, nuts, seeds and beans: Most grains, beans,
nuts and seeds are acidic, but when you germinate or sprout them, the pH level increases. Feel free to look up different sprouting and germinating instructions online. Avoid white flour and processed grains. Eat sprouted whole grain bread and tortillas.
- Oxygen: Oxygen is alkalizing. Deep breathing, exercise, and yoga can bring you more oxygen. It is best to do these activities outside. Try to do them daily!
- Coconut Water/lemon water and herbal tea: Having a coconut water or lemon water first thing in the morning can alkalize your body and help set the pace for the day. Some herbal teas, such as red rooibos, are alkalizing.
A mini Acid/Alkaline chart to help guide your alkaline/acidic diet!
Remember your diet should consist of 70% alkaline and 30% acidic foods!
Low sugar fruits (sugar is acidic)
Most dairy products (some charts
say that plain yogurt is neutral …
aged cheeses are much more acidic)
Most nuts and seeds (unless soaked)
Highly acidic-forming foods (try to
Meat (beef and chicken)
Most medication such as aspirin
Beef and pork
Disclaimer: The information in this article is for informational purposes
only and is in no way intended for medical advice or as treatment or cure
for any disease or health condition and should not be construed as such.
Always contact a medical or health care professional before making any
changes to your diet, lifestyle, exercise, supplement use, or anything
related to your health and well-being. You assume all risks for the use,
nonuse, or misuse of the information found in this article and release Carly
Foley and all affiliates from any and all claims, liability, cause of action,
damages or costs for personal injury, wrongful death or property damage.